Don’t call me Pop
CULTURAL ORGANISATION - SHORT FILM FESTIVAL IN DRAMA
MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND SPORTS - MUNICIPALITY OF DRAMA
Don’t call me Pop
Name: Patience Esiawonam Adisenu
Tagline: Different Lyrics, same people
SYNOPSIS: An artist wants to change his society with his music. His Album NUS3 (ewe: translated Strength Within) a collection of 14 songs of societal flaws and conditioning of the African mind against nepotism.
Worlasi tells his story through the cords of musical instruments and the African Rhythm with stories of his personality, cultural identity and the future. He consciously captures the minds of young people with his lyrical dexterity re-echoing how they are strong within because he knows they are the face of change in his society.
Don’t Call Me Pop is inspired by the reflection of the African man in the 21st Century, years after colonization. The audible vocals of the gift of an Afrocentric society and the total liberation of Africans and they becoming equal in their own eyes is told through music.
Patience Esiawonam Adisenu
Contact No. : +233245151730
Language known: English * Ewe,Twi, Ga
Date of Birth: 05/07/1993
Address: P.O BOX 269, Accra- Ghana.
BFA (Documentary Filmmaking) - National Film and Television Institute ( 2013 –)
• Filmmaker, Writer and a Human Rights Activist for 3 years.
• Open- minded and always ready to learn
• Challenge myself to creatively create moments in my work which will have a positive impact on individuals and my society.
• Expertise in working with people and making healthy relationship with people from all walks of life.
Title Role Producer/Director
SHAMED AND BLAMED (Docu) Writer/Director Amnesty International Ghana
THEM AND US (Docu) Assistant Director Lawrence Agbetsise
VALENTINE WAHALA (short film) Writer/ Director XPROJECT Ghana
CHASING THE SUN (short film) Writer Letivi Media
- Successfully directed and assisted the making of 4 films.
- Shamed and Blamed for Amnesty International Ghana made a great impact in the campaign to allow pregnant girls in Sierra Leone to go to school.
- Chasing the Sun gave me a place in the Scriptwriting workshop during the African International film Festival in 2016 in Lagos, Nigeria.